Monday, March 19, 2012

Mamluks



Mamluks are the elite of my 15mm Ayyubid army for Impetus. They began as slave soldiers before eventually taking Nobles into their ranks were some even became Sultan! They were not just deadly archers, but were equally hard in close quarter fighting and in a large part defeated both the Crusaders and Mongols to give some perspective of their qualities for those perhaps not familiar with them.
It was tough finishing these figures as cavalry at any scale is taxing for me, but I'm happy I did it in the end.:-)
The army is progressing along at a nice clip and I'm pretty close to 300pts if you include command structure costs which is nice!
Once again wonderful Legio Heroica figures painted up using Foundry paints. The Banner is from the superb LBM with some small added trimming by myself.
Thanks for viewing!
Figure Company- Legio Heroica 

20 comments :

  1. Absolutely top notch painting Christopher. Really like your basing on these guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautifully painted figures you have here Christopher.

    Cheers,
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good work !!!!

    Looking soooooo good !!!

    The Legion minis are realy nice ! ...and they have a sale at the moment...

    Best regards Dalauppror

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic painting on the Mameluks Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are a fine looking bunch. Hope that they perform as well as they parade ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply so beautiful, if I won the euro millions my dream would be to have you and Sidney Roundwood to paint miniatures for me at an obscene rate....

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look absolutely amazing; the basing is tremendous, lovely subtle work that sets off the rioteous colours perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have captured the vibrance of thier colors very nicely, look splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris, you're becoming some kind of painting machine obviously. I haven't finished a single Impetus base in months, and you're putting out unit after unit - this time even three at once.

    Just awesome.

    Cheers
    SG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys I really do appreciate your kind words!

    @Angry
    Thanks much and I'm also a fan of Sidney's work!

    @SG
    I'm a painting competition were you earn points for finished figures and that's keeping me active at the desk.;-)

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very colourful group and looking great as usual. This willbe an absolute beautiful army..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those mamlucks are wonderful : colours, painting, bases, all is great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christopher - I'm very behind with my "commenting", but these are simply the finest 15mm figures I've seen in years!

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you kindly Giles and no problem on the lack of comments as I well understand how hard it is to raise a family, paint figures, take pics and post them, work and then find time to support fellow blogger.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete