Monday, June 25, 2012

El Cid Impetus style!


I spent the whole past week and a half or so converting my WAB El Cid Christian Mercenary army to Impetus (very happy with the new look) my game of choice for Dark Age/Medieval wargaming. Also I can use this arrangement for Hail Caesar another game that has captured my attention and can count these as standard base size for that system which is convenient. The impression I'm trying to give is one of the army riding across an open Savannah which I think Impetus basing helps to convey and that I hopefully succeeded in doing.

A quick re-cap behind the army concept. It 's a Christian Mercenary army with a heavy Moorish influence that finds itself employed by Muslim Taifa Kings ,but more often then not in the employ of the Christian kingdom of Aragon between the years 1090(King Pedro) and 1135(Alfonso I) covering both El Cid's period and the early Reconquista under Alfonso I "The battler".

The army so far gives me a hefty 300pts in cavalry which is substantial in 28mm. but not unusual for Christian Spanish armies of the period. With that in mind I figure that's plenty cavalry for now and I should probably add some foot slogging support. I think about 100pts or so of heavy infantry, formed missile support and some skirmishers are in order to give me a solid base for my army.

As far the pics go no scenic colour background on this one, but I'll have some at later date. One thing that has ticked me off is the new photo bucket which IMHO is not at all as good as the old one and getting a decent picture is much harder to do then before. Also, if you make any size corrections it sets it all the way back to the start! As it stands my own computer is just as good or better then photo bucket which wasn't the case at all before. Please photo bucket go back to the previous set up!!!! Currently I pretty much do all the photo work on my own computer and use photo bucket merely to distribute pictures.

My foreseeable future looks to be Samurai, ACW, Spanish Reconquista dominating with some AWI and SCW here and there. 
Thanks for viewing!:-)
Miniature Company- Artizan, Perry, Crusader, Conquest miniatures








27 comments :

  1. Absolutely stunning work Christopher. Beautiful paintwork and wonderful basing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! The different companies match very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, a month or so ago a buddy and I were discussing what projects might motivate us to do Impetus in 25mm, and this came up. Nice to see it executed so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nicely painted troops! Excellent job on the bases too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely minis and very good pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very nice work there Christopher.....looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! Its great to see a whole Impetus army in the one go, it really does show the basing off to its best advantage.

    Cheers
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic collection of lovely painted figures and the bases really set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments!

    @Fireymonkeyboy
    Great! Looking forward to your 25mm Impetus army if you can tear yourself away from your Maurice project!(lol!)

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent work Chris, I love the look of these multi-base 'mini-dioramas'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant looking army Christopher, the Impetus basing really does present them at their best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is only one thing looking better than these pictures - having the chance to see them in original. :)

    Very good work, Christopher.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christopher, they look fantastic. The groundwork really sets them in the arid, hot Iberian plains. Great stuff! And yes, the new photobucket is annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My word there really look great, but what a job! Splendid stuff Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very impressive! Great job on these.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... that´s a lot of cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning collection Christopher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic work; and interesting to see the conversion for different rulesets. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely work, Christopher! I love seeing all that cavalry massed up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning work Christopher, an excellent looking army

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm on the road so I just found this. Wow! Beautiful to look at and I hope there is an AAR one day to see them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's one hell of an army! :-O

    The (Impetus) basing complements the miniatures and painting very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They do look very nice Christopher, the Impetus basing lends itself to visually appealing units and they are nice.

    ReplyDelete